Follow the few step by step instructions below. The measurements are in inches.
- Cut a piece from an old towel approx 12”x11”and zig zag all the way around the edge. If you have any binding or cord cut a piece 6” long (to make a hanging loop).
- Next fold in half with the right sides together to make a rectangle 6”x11”. Fold the binding in half and place approx. 3” from the bottom.
- Sew along two sides making sure the binding is sandwiched in place.
- Turn up a hem approx.3/4” and sew all the way around.
- Turn right side out. If there are any snags in the towelling just trim them off.
For the shoebox appeal you could finish project add a bar of soap – if it’s one from a multipack please wrap it in cling film or in a piece of tissue paper and put it inside your wash mitt. Et voila! A simple but effective wash kit.